Here's a look at the non-conference teams ACC schools are playing for the final old ACC round-robin. Patsies are in red!
schedule is improved, but not enormously. But B.C., Georgia, and
Cincinnati add up. Not to mention Challenge opponent Purdue. Look
for it to beef up under Purnell. Next year's ACC scheduling will be much crazier.
- Nov. 21 Fri. Gardner-Webb 7:00 PM
- Nov. 24 Mon. High Point 7:00 PM
- Nov. 29 Sat. Wofford 2:00 PM
- Dec. 3 Wed. at Purdue (ESPN-2) 7:30 PM
- Dec. 6 Sat. South Carolina (FSNS) 7:00 PM
- Dec. 13 Sat. % at Georgia (FSNS) 3:00 PM
- Dec. 15 Mon. East Tenn. State 7:00 PM
- Dec. 17 Wed. at Cincinnati TBA
- Dec. 20 Sat. S.C. State 2:00 PM
- Dec. 22 Mon. Radford 7:00 PM
- Dec. 30 Tue. Boston College (FSNS) 7:00 PM
Northwestern used to be a patsy, but Bill Carmody is a tough opponent.
Why is the Pittsburgh Invitational listed as being held in Tallahassee?
- Fri 11/21/2003 Maine Tallahassee, Fla. Sunshine 7:00 PM
- Wed 11/26/2003 Nicholls St Tallahassee, Fla. 7:00 PM
- Fri 11/28/2003 So Carolina St Tallahassee, Fla. Sunshine 5:30 PM
- Mon 12/01/2003 Northwestern Tallahassee, Fla. ESPN2 7:00 PM
- Wed 12/03/2003 Mississippi Tallahassee, Fla. FSNS/Sunshine 7:00 PM
- Sat 12/06/2003 Fairleigh Dickinson Tallahassee, Fla. Sunshine 2:00 PM
- Sun 12/14/2003 Miami Miami, Fla. TBA
- Tue 12/16/2003 Pittsburgh Invitational Tallahassee, Fla. 7:00 PM
- Thu 12/18/2003 Pittsburgh Invitational Tallahassee, Fla. 7:00 PM
- Sun 12/21/2003 Pittsburgh Invitational Pittsburgh, Pa. TBA
- Mon 12/22/2003 Pittsburgh Invitational Pittsburgh, Pa. TBA
- Tue 12/30/2003 Stetson Deland, Fla. Sunshine 6:00 PM
- Sat 01/03/2004 Florida Gainesville, Fla. Sunshine 1:00 PM
- Sun 02/01/2004 Savannah St Tallahassee, Fla. 2:00 PM
You might think Detroit is a patsy. Not so. They have an
excellent recruiting base and a decent tradition. Not a gimme game.
Of the P schools, Portland and Pacific are weak, but Princeton is still
Princeton. Fairfield is a gimme game. Valpo is absolutely not.
- Nov. 22 - Detroit, 5 p.m.
- Nov. 27 - vs. Pacific (Great Alaska Shootout), 11:30 p.m.
- Nov. 28 - Great Alaska Shootout, TBA
- Nov. 29 - Great Alaska Shootout, TBA
- Dec. 3 - at Michigan St., 9 p.m.
- Dec. 6 - St. John's, 2 p.m.
- Dec. 14 - Portland, 8 p.m.
- Dec. 17 - Princeton, 7:30 p.m.
- Dec. 20 - vs. Texas (Madison Square Garden), noon
- Dec. 29 - Davidson, 4 p.m.
- Jan. 3 - at Clemson, 5:30 p.m.
- Jan. 6 - Fairfield, 8 p.m.
- Feb. 26 - Valparaiso, 9 p.m.
There's some meat in there, though six gimme games are kind of high.
Don't be shocked if VCU gives Tech fits.
- November 18 Tue. LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE [ESPN] / Pre-Season NIT 1st round, 7 p.m.
- Novemberv20 Thu. Hofstra or Marist/ Pre-Season NIT 2nd round (if necessary), 7 p.m.
- November 23 Sun. at Cornell, 2 p.m.
- November 26 Wed. Pre-Season NIT Semifinals [ESPN], time tba
- November 28 Fri. Pre-Season NIT Finals [ESPN], time tba
- December 3 Wed. at Ohio State [ESPN] / ACC-Big Ten Challenge, 7 p.m.
- December 6 Sat. TENNESSEE STATE, 7 p.m.
- December 13 Sat. Saint Louis [FSNS/SUN], 12:30 p.m.
- December 17 Wed. ALABAMA A&M, 7 p.m.
- December 21 Sun. ST. JOHN'S [Fox Sports Net], 3 p.m.
- December 23 Tue. MARIST, 2 p.m.
- December 29 Mon. VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH [FSNS], 7 p.m.
- January 3 Sat. at Georgia [FSNS/SUN], 3 p.m.
- February 7 Sat. at Tennessee [ABC], 3 p.m.
Probably a rebuilding schedule, though Florida is not easy, and Gonzaga never
- Sat. Nov. 22 American College Park, Md.
- Tue. Nov. 25 George Mason College Park, Md.
- Sat. Nov. 29 Hofstra College Park, Md.
- Tue. Dec. 2 Wisconsin
- Sat. Dec. 6 G. Washington vs. W. Virginia (BB&T CLASSIC) Washington, D.C.
- Maryland vs. Gonzaga (BB&T CLASSIC) Washington, D.C.
- Sun. Dec. 7 Consolation Game (BB&T CLASSIC) Washington, D.C.
- Championship Game (BB&T CLASSIC) Washington, D.C.
- Wed. Dec. 10 at Florida Gainesville, Fla.
- Sun. Dec. 14 Pepperdine College Park, Md.
- Tue. Dec. 23 UNC Greensboro College Park, Md.
- Sat. Jan. 3 Mount St. Mary's College Park, Md.
- Tue. Jan. 6 Maryland-Eastern Shore College Park, Md.
Old Dominion will help UNC reassert themselves in Virginia, for years a
fertile recruiting area, but lately not so hot. Wilmington is not
necessarily easy - they'll be sky high. Akron could be pretty good too.
- Nov. 22 - Old Dominion, 8 p.m.
- Nov. 24 - at Davidson (Charlotte Coliseum), 7 p.m.
- Nov. 29 - at Cleveland St., 8 p.m.
- Dec. 2 - vs. Illinois (Greensbro Coliseum), 9 p.m.
- Dec. 7 - George Mason, 1 p.m.
- Dec. 14 - Akron, 1 p.m.
- Dec. 28 - vs. UNC-Wilmington (Myrtle Beach, S.C.)
- Dec. 30 - Coastal Carolina, 7:30 p.m.
- Jan. 3 - at Kentucky, noon
- Jan. 7 - Miami (Fla.), 7 p.m.
- Jan. 17 - Connecticut, 3:30 p.m.
State's schedule is always depressing under Herb Sendek. Where's the
excitement? Where's the instinct for the Big Game? They'll be lucky to get
10,000 people for Asheville, Howard, UW-Milwaukee, and Hartford - total. In fairness to State, the latest ruling on the NCAA's exempt games kind of screwed things up.
- Nov. 21 - UNC-Asheville, 8:30 p.m.
- Nov. 28 -Howard, 6:30 p.m.
- Dec. 2 - at Michigan, 7:30 p.m.
- Dec. 7 - UW-Milwaukee, 6:30 p.m.
- Dec 13 - Hartford (Reynolds Coliseum), 4 p.m.
- Dec. 20 - at South Carolina, 2 p.m.
- Jan. 3 - UNC-Wilmington, 8 p.m.
- Jan. 7 - Brigham Young, 8 p.m.
- Jan. 20 - at Boston College, 6 p.m.
Virginia's schedule is examined
Not a bad schedule at all. IU is always tough, Richmond is a pain, SMU,
who knows, New Mexico is a basketball school, Texas and Cincinnati are
formidable. Not a bad effort.
- Nov. 8 - Coaches vs. Cancer tournament, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 22 - Elon, 2 p.m.
- Nov. 29 - at Yale, 1 p.m.
- Dec. 2 - Indiana, 7 p.m.
- Dec. 6 - Richmond, 4 p.m.
- Dec. 15 - at SMU, 8:05 p.m.
- Dec. 30 - North Carolina A&T, 7 p.m.
- Jan. 3 - New Mexico, 2 p.m.
- Jan. 6 - Brown, 7 p.m.
- Jan. 13 - at Texas, 8 p.m.
- Feb. 15 - Cincinnati, 1:30 p.m.