Khalid El_Amin, aka The Lid,
has apparently been driving a Land Rover around - and it's registered to a
booster who says that El-Amin has given him tickets in the past. Khalid denies
any connection, but the owner of the car, Diary Davis, has a different account.
This is the second car issue this month for UConn, and the second problem for
El-Amin since this summer. With Kevin Freeman's back injury, is it time to bring
up The Curse?
- 1986, Louisville: A long slow descent followed, complete
- 1987, Indiana: A painful downperiod until 1992 Final Four
(where they lost to.....Duke). Continued decline ever since '92.
- 1988, Kansas: Probation, lost coach.
- 1989, Seton Hall: slow decline ensued, finally
- 1990, Vegas. Lost rematch, lost coach, lost most prestige,
got Rollie Massimino
- 1991 n/a
- 1992 n/a
- 1993, Cal. Probation, lost coach, big scandal.
- 1994, Arkansas: a small probation, faded for several years,
just now reviving
- 1995 n/a
- 1996, Eastern Michigan: Lost coach, faded from view
- 1997, Providence: Program peaked, fell, lost coach to Uva
- 1998, Kentucky: Lost players to hardship in '98, draft, transfers at the
end of '99, a rash of serious auto related problems.
- 1999, UConn: Reefer Madness, Hamilton left, two car problems