After the good feelings of draft night, the party continues for some of the draftees.
In Milwaukee, as the Bucks suddenly have a potentially powerful front line, they might as well start a new TV show and call it Everyone Loves Jabari. Now you have to start worrying about managing expectations as much as anything.
|If you shop Amazon, please start here and help DBR|
And in Salt Lake City, Rodney Hood sat down with Jazz men including Quin Snyder and talked about his passionate desire to become one of the league's best defenders.
Meanwhile, out in Phoenix, coach Jeff Hornacek says of TJ Warren that "[y]ou go back to my days. It wasn't all 3-point shooting, a lot of midrange shots. TJ can get the ball anywhere in the 10-, 15-foot range and get you a bucket."
And Tyler Ennis?
"The poise of running a team, getting guys in the right spot...He's going to make plays, make guys better, knock the shot and make the great pass."
Meanwhile, PJ Hairston, who was originally taken by Miami and quickly traded to Charlotte, sees benefits to being close to home and starting fresh. He says his circle is smaller and he's grown up. Charlotte apparently agrees.
Philly picked up a couple of outstanding second round prospects in KJ McDaniels and Jerami Grant. Cleveland sees Joe Harris helping a lot with outside shooting. CJ Fair, who went undrafted, will play for Dallas this summer. We haven't seen anything about James Michael McAdoo's prospects yet. He also went undrafted.
By the way, in our rundown last night, we forgot to mention Pitt's Lamar Patterson, who was taken in the second round by Milwaukee.
- NBA draft: ACC Triangle teams have it covered
- P.J. Hairston makes a fresh start with Charlotte Hornets
- Larry Drew: No. 2 man really was No. 1 in Bucks hearts
- Bucks eager to pair Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Enthusiastic crowd greets Jabari Parker in Milwaukee
- Bucks' pick Jabari Parker early favorite to win rookie of the year
- Utah Jazz: Draft pick Rodney Hood wants to become a lock-down defender (video)
- Gordon Monson: Dante Exum and Rodney Hood — Who are these guys?
- Suns' top 2 draft picks bring ACC credentials